Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bad Boys







Any blog entry entitled "New Jersey Vs. New York: The Great Governor Skank Off" is surely something I'm going to read. Mo Rocca at AOL News posted this item yesterday, but I just came across it. I highly suggest everyone go read it, especially if you're tired of all these headlines lately being generated by promiscuous politicians. I found it to be a really funny satirical item. My favorite of Rocca's lines is the following:

"Then over the skies of Albany appeared a crusader, someone willing to get right in there: sexual dive bomber Eliot Spitzer. Even though he had an Anne Archer-smoking hot wife, he was eager to risk it all (career and clap) to save the reputation of NY's governorship."

I find Rocca's witty coverage refreshing compared to articles such as this in The Independent that takes more pleasure in mocking the doings of these men than the media circus of tales of sexual misconduct that has resulted. I also found it slightly more relevant than this blog entry by John Woestendiek at the Baltimore Sun who speaks of the likenesses between Eliot Spitzer and the Spitz breed of dog (split screen picture comparison and all!).

In light of all this rehashing of such tabloid-esque material, I'd also like to share this YouTube video I found:


No comments: