Thursday, February 21, 2008

Spotlight on EW's TV Watch


I've been waiting for the right moment to bring up my love for EW's TV Watch section and alas, this post is it. For those unfamiliar, TV Watch is a part of Entertainment Weekly's site where various staff reviews a selection of the most popular shows, often comically. I'm fond of the feature because I think the reviewers not only wrap up the shows quite succinctly, but offer up laugh out loud views of specific interesting moments that trigger your memory with that "ah!" light bulb effect. The reviews appear promptly the day after the show airs and I'm a devout reader of a couple, reading whether I saw the episode the night before or not.

The specific review that I'd like to spotlight now is one for "America's Next Top Model" by Mandi Bierly. I think Bierly's review is both written cleverly and very funny. A personal favorite line from it would be the following, made in reference to a particular contestant named Stacy Ann's strengths in the game:

"She's been married since she was 17, which means producers will want to have her stick around until they can get her into a compromising position with a male model."
Although, the reviews often seem to make jokes about the shows they recap, one gets the sense that it's all in good fun. And that's exactly what you should expect from Entertainment Weekly.

No comments: