Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Views on The View


I was on the ABC News website when I found a video about a fight on "The View" between Whoopi Goldberg and the notoriously conservative Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

Not trying to be sexist, but I think the lone fact that I'm a female makes "The View" a lot more tolerable and even likeable for me than the opposite gender. For sure, at least, I know that any time it is turned on or even spoken about in front of guys I know there is usually a fair amount of moaning and groaning to be heard. But, for you male fans out there, no intent to offend, more power to you. Regardless, my point is that I tend to enjoy "The View". I'm never usually home during its 11-noon timeslot, but I feel like if I was, I'd be watching.

Even I, however, am a little bit "over" the whole let's-set-up-controversial-topics-and-have-someone-fight-with-Elisabeth thing. I don't agree with the views of Hasselbeck because I'm of a more liberal mindset, but c'mon. We know she loves President Bush. We know she's over on the right wing. We know her and Rosie O'Donnell aren't best friends forever. Is it necessary, though, to constantly put her on the offensive?

After searching around, I found this article on Newsbusters(not my kind of site, but that's okay)about another political fight that went down between Goldberg and Hasselbeck back in October concerning abortion. "The View" staff must get so excited on days they know they have these topics up for discussion, assured that they have a great fight and maybe even another split-screen smack-down on the horizon.

Anyway, here's the clip of the latest fight, think of it what you will. If I find a clip to embed, I'll be right on that(a.k.a. calling out to all you YouTubers, get on with the uploading).

1 comment:

Dan Kennedy said...

In following your links, I saw that Katie Couric had once marched in a pro-choice demonstration even though she was employed as a journalist. That's pretty interesting, and a dubious practice for an ethical journalist to engage in.

"The View" is one of those interesting phenomenons ... people talk about it, but I don't know anyone who's ever actually seen it.