Sunday, February 10, 2008

Reebok wants to be Kool...


While on the T today, I couldn't help but notice a rather obnoxious advertising campaign. Reebok has apparently just come out with a new brand of "Kool Aid" shoes. Not only do they have the Kool Aid logo on the heel and the Kool Aid smiley face on the one side, they are also scented! Is anyone out there excited? I doubt it.

Style Dash did a great first impression piece on this marketing blunder. I have to agree with my fellow blogger on this one: why would anyone want their shoes to smell like Kool Aid? I wasn't even aware that Kool Aid was still that popular. I mean, it was great on a hot day when I was about seven, but so many other juice and sports drinks have materialized since then. I'd love to talk to whoever over at Reebok thought this was a great idea for a new brand. I know there are shoe fanatics who go for kitsch-y items like this, but I really can't see it appealing to a mass audience.

On the other hand, though, who would've known those shoes that would light up when you took a step would be all the rage? Or Crocs? To each his own, I guess.

But I'm with the Talking Wolverine on this one, one of my new favorite characters on YouTube:

1 comment:

Talking Wolverine said...

Nice blog... I've enjoyed the read. I appreciate the shout out. Thanks! Hopefully there are other videos of mine you find entertaining. If not, keep blogging because I enjoy reading your blog.

ciao!