Monday, April 14, 2008

Taking Shots at Hillary


I just came across this item on Perez Hilton that provides a video clip from this past weekend of Hillary Clinton taking a shot of Crown Royal whiskey and then chasing it with a beer. ABC News's Political Radar blog also described the incident. I don't know how I missed this one over the last couple days, so I definitely had to bring it up today.

The clip, which is about on the same entertainment level of watching Barack Obama bowl (as in amusing, but is this actually relevant?), features Clinton taking two small sips of the whiskey and then throwing back her head to finish it off. She is later seen drinking beer and apparently she followed up the beer with some pepperoni pizza. Now, why is it that people feel the need to not only record such events, but also do an actual analysis of the video itself? The clip that Perez features shows its hosts doing play by play commentary of it.

I don't feel like I really got anything out of watching it, other than the knowledge that Clinton must like whiskey enough to be able to sip on it for a few minutes. But am I consequentially thinking "more power to her"? No. I mean, if I'm going to base my feelings on a presidential hopeful on their shot-taking technique, I think I know a few people here at school who would get my vote.

This is the first presidential election that I'm allowed to vote in, which makes this essentially my first taste of what goes down on the campaign trail. So far, I have to say that the screen time that is given to the every day actions of the candidates is a little ridiculous. But, then again, I'm focusing mainly on the Democrats. Has anyone uncovered McCain's "just like us" talent or lack thereof yet? I think he needs to step up to the plate. If Barack can make foreign diplomats happy by making their bowling skills look a lot better and Hillary can keep up at the bar, McCain's going to have to throw something onto the table, too.

Below is a CNN video of Clinton's bar-side manner:

No comments: